Sunday, August 17, 2014

Life in the MTC!

It really isn't as bad as everyone says it is.  I am actually quite enjoying myself!  So far I have had the opportunity to be completely immersed in the Gospel, teach 2 investigators, sing in an AMAZING choir with about 200 humans, go to the beautiful Provo temple, and eat some great wraps, yogurt and granola, and even Gyros!  Life really isn't all that bad.  

Our schedule is pretty complicated and our days are completely packed.  But I have had some of the most spiritual experiences here, it is so worth it!  There is definitely a huge blessing in exact obedience!!!  And scripture study!  Holy scripture study!  I thought I studied my scriptures before... nah.  That was nothin.  The scriptures are so amazing!  

My companion is from Australia, is half Italian (a little strong headed, but hey I am too), is 31, and is definitely meant to be my companion!  She is very good at speaking from her heart and is teaching me to be more comfortable with doing that same thing.  My district is AMAZING!  There 7 of us.  A tri-companionship of Elders and one other set of Sisters.  One Elder is from Canada, one Sister is from Texas, and other than that the rest are Utahns.  (Except my comp of course)  But the Elders are some of the most goofy, yet mature 18 year olds I have ever met!  Our district has had some of the most spiritual discussions, I am so grateful!  It is nice to be around mature people.  :)  I love them all!  

Also, my favorite part of the day is of course... GYM time!!!  I love it!  I get to play volleyball about 3 or 4 times a week!  It is competitive enough it is fun, but nice enough that anyone can play.  I LOVE it!  It really is my stress relief.  This place has so much being thrown at you all at once that it is pretty stressfull.  I leave for NY on Monday at 3:30 in the morning.  So if you feel impressed to write me, you may want to write to my mission home address!  

Moral of the story, so far so good!  I miss you all and love you a ton!  I appreciate those that have sent me letters or emails.  I really appreciate the support!

The book is blue the Gospel is true! 

Love, 
Sister Beecher!

No comments:

Post a Comment