Monday, July 27, 2015


Hey!

Wow, what a week it has been.  Sorry I didn't send out a weekly last
week, life was super crazy!  Sister Hardman (Our trio companion for
the week) did end up going home on that Saturday (that was sad) then
Monday I got called to be a Sister Training Leader and spent the day
packing.  Then everyday since has been super, super packed.  STL's
really never get a break through out the day.  But that's okay!  Being
this busy is really hard but really rewarding!  Here is a brief
explanation of what a Sister Training Leader is... Basically we are
the female version of the Zone Leaders.  Sister Blonquist and I are
over 3 zones of sisters, so 11 companionships, which makes up over
half of Long Island.  (Including the Bermuda Sisters, but we just
Skype them.)  We go on exchanges with all of the Sisters over the
course of six weeks and try to keep tabs on them and make sure
everything is going well.  We are also involved in a lot of the
trainings and all of the leadership meetings that happen.

Sister Blonquist is on her last transfer of her mission and is a
FANTASTIC missionary!  I am so grateful I get this time to learn from
her and serve with her.  She is one of the most devoted and faithful
missionaries I have met so far on my mission.  I feel so blessed to be
with her.  She has also been a Sister Training Leader for 5 transfers,
which is really long!  Usually this calling only lasts for about 2 or
3.  She is from Springville Utah, and is going to attend BYU again in
about 6 weeks.  ;)

We are serving in the Plainview area. (Between Lynbrook and
SouthShore, my previous Long Island areas.)  This area is really nice!
 It is a lot of small, clean, beautiful, homes and feels very peaceful
here.  It is such a contrast from Brooklyn!  Normally the STLs in this
area have just been in charge of the Young Single Adult branch. (which
covers all the YSA on the island past Lynbrook, about 2/3 of the
island.)  This transfer things got switched around a bit and I have
been blinded in for a 3rd time!  We now cover the YSA branch AND the
family Ward.  Which is crazy because it's just us and one set of
Elders to cover both units.  We are being blinded into the family Ward
and Sister Blonquist has been in the YSA for 1 transfer previous to
this.  They use to have a second set of sisters here to cover the
Ward, but they took them out this transfer.  SO.  Needless to say
Sister Blonquist and I feel a little overwhelmed with everything and
we have a ton to do.  But I can already see the tender mercies the
Lord has given us this week!  I know that things will all get worked
out and we will be able to balance everything.

One of the best part of the YSA is all of the activities!  Every
Wednesday they get together and play...Volleyball!  Yay!  Lots of
members and people who are not members come so it is a great finding
event.  Also I get to play volleyball again, so I am happy.  They also
had a outdoor theater movie party on Saturday to promote bring people
to "bring a friend to church" Sunday the next day.  We went to help
set up and it looked like a blast!  The YSA in this branch have so
much fun together!

I went on my first exchange this past week in SouthShore with Sister
Hammarstrum.  She is great!  She is from California, loves to laugh,
and just finished being trained.  It was really weird/great to be back
in South Shore but I was happy to see the work hastening there.  We
were able to go look up a family that had baptism dates back when I
was serving there.  They were being taught by the other Sisters but
stopped meeting with the missionaries a few months ago.  It was really
good to stop by and chat with them about how their family is doing.
We were able to address some of their concerns and they agreed to
start meeting with the missionaries again.  They seemed to really
appreciate to visit and looked forward to seeing the sisters again at
the next appointment.  We also taught a lesson to a cute little 9 year
old girl and her mom.  This little girl has been coming to church on
her own for months now.  The Ward is really good about helping to give
her rides, and she is really enjoying the Gospel.  We taught her about
prophets and sang follow the prophet with her and her 3 younger
siblings.  Overall, this exchange was great!  I love having the
opportunity to learn from all of these amazing missionaries!

Sunday's are crazy days for us.  We meet at 7 for Ward Corrilation and
Ward council, then the 3 block of meetings for the family Ward.  Then
we jump right into branch council for the YSA branch and usually there
is a munch and mingle after the block of meetings.  So our Sunday
ended around 6.  Haha. I gave a talk in the Young Single Adult Ward on
Sunday about 3 Nephi 13:21.  I felt a little bad after but not really
at the same time.  The talk was a little rebuking.  I may have briefly
mentioned some of the major problems in YSA wards that are not brought
up much.  Ex... If your whole purpose of going to church to find
someone to date, or texting/being on Facebook during the Sacrament.
So I don't know if I won any browny points in the branch, but the
other parts of my talk went well!  Haha I told the Parable of the
Oranges, given in a CES 2015 Devotional by Randall L. Ridd.  It is
super fantastic, you should all look it up!

We have three exchanges this upcoming week, I am excited.  I will
probably only be with Sister Blonquist on Wednesday and part of
Thursday.  Haha but that's okay.  I learn so much on exchanges and
hopefully can help serve these Sisters.  I haven't even met all of
them yet, but I already love them all so much.  I feel like the rest
of my mission is about to go by super quick now.  I only have 5
transfers left and will probably be super busy here in Plainview for
the majority of that time.  It's going by too quick!

Well I hope everyone has a blessed day and is enjoying their summer!
Love you all!
Sister Beecher

This is Sister Campbell, her daughter Chantal and her boyfriend Kamar
who's holding Genesis their daughter.  On the right of me is Kimberly
and Nicholas, Sister Campbells daughter in law.  I miss this family so
much!!!



I know this isn't my name, but this is what people call me when they first meet me.  Haha there is a major subway station named this.

No comments:

Post a Comment